Sunday, February 9, 2014

Home at last


Well, we're finally settled into our new home. I take that back, absolutely nothing is settled but we are sleeping there. That should count for something.  It's a good feeling to finally be here even if there is no toilet in the master bathroom yet.  Okay, so it may have been a bit premature, but we bought the place in September and patience is a virtue that I do not possess.  We left a ton of our furniture at the old place to stage it so the new place is a little empty, but it makes for lots of fort building, yoga practicing and freeze tagging space.  The neighbors seem great from what I can gather and for the first time since we've been married we don't live on a hill. Yay! for family bike rides and walking to church, plus it just feels to good to be back in my hometown.  I'm hoping my kids get to experience a childhood here that is half as amazing as mine was. It's true when they say there's no place like home.