Sunday, February 2, 2014

Juliette


Every thing I say to this little girl is well thought out, to say the least. Heaven forbid I say something she doesn't fancy, I'll set her off and am certain for a long recovery.  I've become a master of manipulation and can turn almost any task into a game of some sort.  On the off chance I don't feel like tip toeing on eggshells,a tantrum and a nap can usually put our world back in order. I have learned to pick my battles wisely. Who's it hurting if she wears a transformers costume in public?  Besides my dignity of course, and that went out the window the day I became a mother.  This spirited, opinionated, and strong willed 3 year old has the best heart, all of which qualities I personally find desirable and necessary to make it through this life. I feel honored that God would trust me with such an incredible spirit. Even if she did stay home from church today for a post-freakout nap because she wouldn't change out of her pink and gold wrestling mask and into her dress...I do draw the line somewhere.